Would you like to encourage your students to read for pleasure by introducing them to a wonderful series of popular books? This lesson introduces the students to Quick Reads, which are accessible books for emerging readers.
Time: About 90 minutes
- To encourage students to read for pleasure by introducing them to Quick Reads books
- To provide students with practice in reading sub-skills of prediction, reading for detail and summarising a text
This lesson encourages students to read for pleasure by introducing them to the Quick Reads series of books, which is accessible fiction written for emerging readers. The lesson provides students with the opportunity to develop the sub-skills of reading and to complete self-access reading exercises on the ESOL Nexus Learner website.
Preparation – print off lesson plan and worksheets:
- Worksheet 1 – (cut up) 1 copy of the table per student
- Worksheets 2 and 3 – 1 copy per pair
- Worksheets 4 A, B & C - Divide class into 3 groups (A, B and C) and make sure each member of each group has the appropriate copy of Worksheet 4.
- Worksheet 5 – 1 copy per student.